Academic Center Menu
WAC Class Descriptions 2015-16
Text and Supply Lists
WAC Class Schedule
Cost of WAC
Current WAC Families
WAC Dress Policy
WAC dress code applies to all students, leaders and instructors participating with WAC and relates to all WAC events unless otherwise specified. It is not designed to be a judgment or a preference as to what represents decency or appropriate Christian dress; it is merely a structure intended to assist WAC families and instructors in the administration of classes and events. The dress code attempts to make room for individual style and choices in attire, while applying general principles to guide the implementation of its requirements, meet the standard of the host church, and offer inclusion to a wide diversity of family standards.
Dress Code Requirements are as follows:
- All clothing must be modest and unrevealing in cut, fit, and texture.
- All clothing should be neat and clean and contain no inappropriate messages or pictures.
- All pants, skirts, shorts, and dresses must be no shorter than the top of the knee. Slits in skirts or dresses must not extend higher than the top of the knee.
- Shirts: Girls’ necklines must be modest in cut and fit. No cleavage may show, even when bending over.
- All shirts must be long enough to reach to the top of pants/shorts/skirts and should not allow the exposure of midriffs or backs.
- Creative fashions, excessive modifications and/or embellishments to the body and hair (such as hair colors, piercings, tattoos, clothing styles, etc) are not banned, but instructors or leaders who believe such display to be distracting, unsafe, or unsuitable for a particular event may request students to abnegate them.
- Swimsuits worn at WAC functions must cover midriff and be conservatively cut. Boys must wear boxer-style suits.